CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

~* Presents for the Pilot*~

I am so excited to post these photos- My brother is a pilot, and needed decoration for his home.  So... you guessed it- his Christmas presents were all about decoration!  While working on this, I discovered how much I LOVE doing wood projects!  Its so relaxing to paint the backgrounds, then let the silhouette do the detailed stuff.

Ok- so here it is:  His big picture is a 2 foot X 2 foot piece on birch wood.  The second part is a tile- and I can honestly say these two projects are tied for my favorite projects EVER.

Hope you enjoy!

Yeah! The finished product!!


I started out by painting the background and letting it dry approximately 2 hours


I then placed the shadow layer of vinyl down first, followed by the dark brown accent piece.  I started from the bottom so I would make sure and have plenty of room for both the airplane and the text.

I just LOVE THIS TILE!


This aviator is ready to hit the skies!


Well, hope you've enjoyed these pictures!  I will be posting more Christmas craft and gift photos over the next week.

Happy New Year!

*~Leah~*

1 comments:

Tiffany Temple

WOW! These look GREAT! You definitely have a gift because painting the background would be far from relaxing to me :) I especially like the blue sky!!

Post a Comment